S IHME is designed to serve the web hosting needs of small, independently owned and operated businesses in a single country. It is not appropriate to use our services to support large enterprises or internationally based businesses with a sustained demand that places undue burden on our systems or negatively impacts use by small, independently owned and operated businesses. If this is what you require, please visit our managed servers section available by
S IHME is a shared web hosting service, which means that a number of customers web sites and other email or storage services are hosted from the same server. S IHME uses abuse controls to help ensure that use of our services does not adversely affect the performance of our system or other customers sites. It is not appropriate to use an account primarily as an online storage space or for archiving electronic files.
Important Note – S. IHME has the right to discontinue service, or deny access to anyone who violates our policies or the terms and conditions shown below WITHOUT WARNING or PRIOR NOTICE. No refunds of fees paid will be made if account termination is due to violation of the terms outlined below. YOU may not run IRC, bots or clients on shared servers. Unacceptable uses also include, but are NOT limited to: Bulk emailing, unsolicited emailing, newsgroup spamming, pornographic content, illegal content, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, warez sites (including links to/from), cracks, software serial numbers, proxy-relaying, link farming (the act of or by use of scripts), link grinding, link-only sites, spamdexing, FFA (Free-For-All) and/or anything else determined by S. IHME to be unacceptable use of our services including abuse of server resources.
Sending numerous copies of the same or substantially similar message with the intent to disrupt a server or account (mail bombing); Spamming Newsgroups: Commercial advertisements are unwelcome in most Usenet discussion groups and on most e-mail mailing lists. Inappropriate posting may result in account cancelation. See the newsgroup or mailing lists charter for whether advertising is allowed or not. Sending a message to many different off-topic newsgroups, is particularly unethical and will be treated as such; Mail may not be used to harass or intimidate others. Harassment, whether through language, frequency of messages, or size of messages, is prohibited. Sending a single unwelcome message may be considered harassment. If a recipient asks to stop receiving e-mail, YOU must not send that person any further messages.
NOTE – If YOU use the services of another provider to promote a website hosted by or through S. IHME (spamvertising), then the provisions of the above policy shall apply as if the SPAM were sent through our servers.
- COVERAGE – This 99.99% uptime guarantee applies to any Customer in good financial standing with S. IHME at the time of a service outage.
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT (SLA) & SPECIFICATIONS – S. IHME endeavours to have the content of YOUR website available for http access by any party in the world 99.99% of the time. Network downtime (unavailability) is defined as 100% packet loss from S. IHME to its backbone providers. Downtime is measured past 10 minutes after notification of network failure via S. IHME online ticketing system. If the ticketing system itself is unreachable, the ticket must be started by calling the S. IHME telephone number and either notifying an advisor or leaving a message.Administrators will determine the end of the downtime by a traceroute to YOUR machine from outside the S. IHME network.
- SHARED HOSTING CREDITS – In the event that YOUR website is unavailable for less than 100%, S. IHME will credit the following months service fee as follows. YOUR credit shall be retroactive and measured in 24 hours a day of a calendar month, with the maximum credit not exceeding 50% of the monthly service charge for the affected month.
Monthly Uptime Credit:
– 95% to 99.9% – YOUR account will be credited 10% of your monthly hosting fee
– 90% to 94.9% – YOUR account will be credited 20% of your monthly hosting fee
– 89.9% or below – YOUR account will be credited 50% of your monthly hosting fee
In order for YOU to receive a credit on YOUR account, YOU must request such credit within seven (7) days after YOU experienced the downtime. You must request credit by sending an email message via the S. Ihme website.. For security, the body of this message must contain YOUR account number, the dates and times of the unavailability of YOUR website, and such other customer identification requested by S. IHME. Credits will usually be applied within sixty (60) days of YOUR credit request. Credit to YOUR account shall be YOUR sole and exclusive remedy in the event of an outage.
- RESTRICTIONS – Credit shall not be provided to YOU in the event that you have any outage resulting from:
- scheduled maintenance as posted from time to time at S. IHME,
- your behaviour or the performance or failure of your equipment, facilities or applications,
- circumstances beyond reasonable control of S. IHME, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labour disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, including DNS propagation, domain name registration/transfer, failure of third party software or hardware or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of your web site
YOU breaking any agreement policy in S. IHME Terms & Conditions and AUP causing a machine to fail as a result.
S. IHME will bill each client £20 per returned check, per wire transfer received and per credit card chargeback received. All S. IHME accounts are setup on anniversary billing cycles. YOUR particular billing cycle corresponds to the contract length that was initially chosen at setup. YOUR account will automatically renew at this length. There is no fee to change to a shorter billing cycle at the end of the current cycle. Please contact the billing department via the contact page should you wish to change your anniversary
- the accuracy and appropriateness of content and materials appearing within the store or related to YOUR products
- ensuring that the content and materials appearing within the store or related to YOUR products do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, and
- ensuring that the content and materials appearing within the store or related to YOUR products are not libellous or otherwise illegal.
- YOU will be solely responsible for the final calculation and application of shipping and sales tax.
- YOU will also be solely responsible for accepting, processing, and filling any customer orders, and for handling any customer inquiries or complaints arising there from.
- YOU are also responsible for the security of any customer credit card numbers and related customer information
- YOU may access as a result of conducting electronic commerce transactions through YOUR website. YOU will keep all such information confidential and will use the same degree of care and security as YOU use with your confidential
S. IHME reserves the right to change fees, surcharges, renewal fees or to institute new fees at any time, for any reason, at its sole discretion. YOUR requested domain name will not be registered unless and until we receive actual payment of the registration fee, and have confirmed YOUR registration in an email from S. IHME to the email address indicated in YOUR registration application. In the event of a chargeback by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider allowed by S. IHME) in connection with the payments of the registration fee for YOUR domain name registration, YOU agrees and acknowledges that the domain name registration shall be transferred to S. IHME as the paying entity for that registration to the registry and that we reserve all rights regarding such domain name including, without limitation, the right to make the domain name available to other parties for purchase.
S. IHME will reinstate YOUR domain name registration solely at the discretion of S. IHME, and subject to our receipt of the initial registration or renewal fee and our then-current reinstatement fee.
Transfer domain registrar to S. IHME, YOU agree to pay S. IHME prior to the effectiveness of the desired domain name transfer request, the then-current amount set forth in the S. IHME price schedule for the initial transfer request of the domain name. YOU agree and acknowledge that the domain name transfer will fail, and all fees are non-refundable, for the following reasons, but not limited to:
- No response from the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact
- Domain name in Registrar Lock Status
- Domain name registration period time expires or other constraints, other than during the first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days after a registrar transfer S. IHME reserves the right to change fees, surcharges, renewal fees or to institute new fees at any time, for any reason, at its sole discretion.
YOUR requested domain name will not be registered unless and until we receive actual payment of the registration fee, and have confirmed YOUR registration in an email from S. IHME to the email address indicated in YOUR registration application.
In the event of a chargeback by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment S. Ihme allowed by S. IHME) in connection with the payments of the registration fee for YOUR domain name registration, YOU agrees and acknowledges that the domain name registration shall be transferred to S. IHME as the paying entity for that registration to the registry and that we reserve all rights regarding such domain name including, without limitation, the right to make the domain name available to other parties for purchase.
S. IHME will reinstate YOUR domain name registration solely at S. IHME discretion, and subject to our receipt of the initial registration or renewal fee and our then-current reinstatement fee. Transfer domain registrar away from S. IHME. S. IHME reserves all rights, without limitation, to reject the domain name transfer request for the following reasons, but not limited to:
- No response from the Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact
- Domain name in Registrar Lock Status and there is no request from Registered Name Holder or Administrative Contact for the status change
- Domain name registration period time will be expiring in less than 60 days or other constraints, other than during the first 60 days of initial registration or during the first 60 days after a registrar transfer YOU agree and acknowledge that the failure or success of a domain name transfer will be his/her sole responsibility, and S. IHME will not be held liable for the failure of a domain name transfer for any reason.
Regardless of the place of signing this agreement, YOU agree that for purposes of venue this contract is entered in London, United Kingdom, and any dispute will be litigated or arbitrated in London, United Kingdom. Defendants further waive all objections to venue and acknowledge that venue in any such litigation will be held in London courts.
IN NO EVENT SHALL S. IHME MAXIMUM LIABILITY EXCEED TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY (£250.00) Pounds.
(1) ANY INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY CAUSED BY ANY PRODUCTS SOLD OR OTHERWISE DISTRIBUTED IN CONNECTION WITH S. IHME SERVERS.
(2) ANY MATERIAL SUPPLIED BY THE CUSTOMER INFRINGING OR ALLEGEDLY INFRINGING ON THE PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY
(3) COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT AND
(4) ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS SOLD TO CUSTOMER FROM S. IHME SERVERS.